Calling All Students!
Ocean Business is coming back to the National Oceanography Centre in April. It incorporates an ocean technology exhibition, in-classroom and on-water training and demonstrations, with an offshore survey conference alongside and the organisers – Diversified Communications UK Ltd are looking for some keen students to help with the day to day running of the event.
|Dates:||Monday 8th April to Thursday 11th April 2019|
|Location:||National Oceanography Centre, Southampton, Waterfront Campus|
|Rate:||£10 per hour|
|Deadline to apply:||14th January 2019. You must be available for an interview at the National Oceanography Centre on 24th January 2019.|
We pride ourselves on providing our clients with outstanding levels of customer service, in the run-up and during the event itself. It is compulsory that candidates are friendly, personable and responsive candidates.
- Roles could include: Registration desk staff, meet & greet, literature distributers, badge scanners, etc.
- A must! Customer service skills – personable, welcoming as at the entrance to the show and super smiley.
- Computer literate – Fast and accurate typing skills.
- Works well under pressure.
Training and Demonstration Staff
- Roles could include: information point helpers, helping to take bookings for each of the demos, directing visitors etc.
- Friendly, helpful, clear thinking and organised.
- Good communicators.
- Able to use their own initiative to get the job done.
Social Event Staff
- Roles could include: anything from pouring wine, distributing glasses, offer assistance to visitors etc.
- Customer service skills – Personable and friendly.
- Works well under pressure
- Quick and efficient.
Please note that these roles are all event based and are not technically based. Please be advised to look at our website before interviews, if selected.
To apply for any of the above roles, send your CV for the attention of Hannah Thompson to [email protected] If you have worked at Ocean Business before, please be sure to make this clear on your application making reference to the role that you carried out. Interviews for the above roles will take place at the NOC on the 24th January 2019
For more information on the event, please visit www.oceanbusiness.com