How to sign up for a Demo
FREE to attend!
The only way you will be able to book onto a session pre-show is by contacting the company that is doing the demonstration directly. If not you will need to be physically at Ocean Business 2017 to book a place at a session.
- When or even before you arrive, identify which sessions you want to attend by viewing the Training and Demonstration Programme or the alphabetical list of sessions. Make your way to the Training and Demonstration bureau which is in the ‘Entrance Exhibit Hall’.
- Once you are booked on to a session, make your way there allowing yourself plenty of time. Some of the facilities take some time to get to and you do not want them to start without you.
What if the session I want to attend is full?
If there aren’t any spaces left for the vessel sessions, we will start to issue ‘stand by tickets’ from the bureau which will allow you access should someone not turn up. Vessel sessions can not and will not exceed the maximum capacity so please be patient and if you are not allowed access please visit the host of that session on their exhibit stand instead. We will NOT issue stand by tickets for the other facilities (dockside, classrooms or test tank) we advise you to make your way to the session and see if someone hasn’t turned up.
Do I have to go to the Bureau to book on to a session?
Yes, you can not access a session without a ticket. Anyone that hasn’t got a ticket will be made to wait until the session is due to begin and will be allowed access if there is space. It is down to the discretion of the exhibitor to let you in.
Can I attend my competitors session?
A voluntary code of conduct will be in place requesting companies do not attempt to attend training session of competitive technologies. Attendance will be restricted for competitors and will be at the discretion of the exhibitor who is leading the session.
What are the training and demonstration bureau opening hours?
The bureau will be open at the following times:
- Monday 3rd April 2015: 4pm to 6pm (for exhibitors only)
- Tuesday 4th April 2015: 8.30am to 4.30pm
- Wednesday 5th April 2015: 8.30am to 4.30pm
- Thursday 6th April 2015: 8.30am to 3pm
Please note that the bureau is especially busy in the mornings, so during the hours of 8am to 11am on each day, only bookings for that morning will be taken. Bookings for the rest of the week can be made in the afternoons.
Layouts, capacities and locations
|Facility Name||Floor||Layout||Capacity||Time to walk from bureau through exhibition (guidance only)|
|Student Centre Room 121/05||Ground||Theatre||24||4.5 mins|
|Student Centre Room 121/11||Ground||Theatre||24||3.5 mins|
|Ray Beverton Room 044/11||4th||Theatre||24||4.5 mins|
|John Swallow Room 054/06||4th||Theatre||24||5 mins|
|Node Room 1 064/03||4th||Theatre||24||6 mins|
|Node Room 2 074/02||4th||Theatre||26||6.5 mins|
|Access Grid Room 124/14||4th||Theatre||40||4 mins|
|Dockside Demo Area||Ground||Theatre||30||3 mins|
|Test Tank||Ground||NA||30||1 min|
|RV Callista||Ground||NA||30||6 mins|
|Bill Conway||Ground||NA||12||6 mins|